Opening URIs with fragment IDs in a web browser

From: John L. Clark <jlc6@po.cwru.edu>
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2006 16:15:22 -0700
To: www-isaviz@w3.org
I'm interested in double-clicking on resources that use fragment IDs in
their URIs in order to load the resource in my web browser and have the
browser window "jump" to the ID reference in the document.  I tried
doing this with a URI like `file:///path/to/file.html#frag`, and IsaViz
launched Firefox and loaded `file:///path/to/file.html`, losing the
fragment reference somewhere along the way.  Do you have any thoughts on
this?  Is it a (known) bug?

Take care,

    John L. Clark