Re: IsaViz API?

Congmin min wrote:
> Hi, I am a new user to IsaVia and I want to use a triple visualization
> tool for my purpose. Does anyone can give some tips how to use IsaViz in
> my java program to visualize my triples? Is there an APIs with IsaViz?

> Basically, I don't use IsaVia to visualize my whole ontology. Instead, I
> need to call IsaViz in my Java program to dynamically visualize a
> specific triple that a user may select by clicking a node in a hiearchy.
>
> I don't know if IsaViz can do this or not.
>
> Thanks in advance.

I'm not sure I understand what you want to do exactly. Is that just
showing a single triple at a time? Or maybe all statements in which the
selected resource is involved in (e.g. as subject)?

In any case, IsaViz does not offer you a clean and clear API to do that.
You can look at the source code [5] to understand how to build the
graphical representation, but there is no specific class or method that
lets you do what you want in a single call. However it seems that what
you are interested in is just displaying ellipses, rectangles and arcs
depicting a set of statements, without necessarily all the editing
machinery that is behind an IsaViz graph. If that is so, I think the
best option would be for you to just use the graphical toolkit (ZVTM
[1]) on which IsaViz is based to display your triples. This toolkit does
have an API [2] which people seem to find easy to use, and there is
additional documentation [3], including a research paper [4] which I can
send you by mail if you don't have access to the IEEE digital library.

[1] http://zvtm.sourceforge.net/
[2] http://zvtm.sourceforge.net/apidocs/index.html
[3] http://zvtm.sourceforge.net/doc.html
[4] http://doi.ieeecomputersociety.org/10.1109/VLHCC.2005.11
[5] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/java/classes/org/w3c/IsaViz/

--
Emmanuel Pietriga
INRIA Futurs - Projet In Situ    tel : +33 1 69 15 34 66