Re: ARP exception when import model

I don't think anybody ever reported that kind of problem.

I just tried again with the official IsaViz 2.0 ZIP file, as well as
with my local development version which uses Jena 2.1. I did not
encounter any problem.

 From the traceback, your JVM seems to be getting the wrong JAR files
for some reason. This might be happening because your classpath points
to a wrong version of Xerces. Did you use IsaViz 1.x before installing
IsaViz 2.0 ? If so, did you uncompress IsaViz 2 in the same directory as
IsaViz 1.x ? (this might be the cause)

The only thing I can suggest right now is installing IsaViz 2.0 again
from the ZIP file in a blank directory and then launching run.bat ; in
addition, verify that you do not have a CLASSPATH environment variable
set (although this should not change anything as run.bat specifies its
own classpath).

If this does not work, download Jena 2.1, copy all Jena JAR files in
IsaViz's lib/ directory, and use the attached run.bat file.

Emmanuel

--
Emmanuel Pietriga
INRIA Futurs - Projet In Situ    tel : +33 1 69 15 34 66

Andrea Furregoni wrote:

> I install Isaviz 2.0 and dot on winxp with java 1.4. when i try to
> import a rdf model (for example the default files in export dir) it take
> an exception, when the loader try to initialize the ARP(jena).
>

> C:\Java\IsaViz>java.exe -classpath
> lib\isaviz.jar;lib\zvtm.jar;lib\jena.jar;lib\
>
> xercesImpl.jar;lib\xmlParserAPIs.jar;lib\icu4j.jar;lib\antlr.debug.jar;lib\junit
>
> .jar;lib\log4j-1.2.7.jar;lib\jakarta-oro-2.0.5.jar org.w3c.IsaViz.Editor
>
> java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
> org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser.<init>(Lorg/apa
>
> che/xerces/xni/parser/XMLParserConfiguration;)V
>
>         at
> com.hp.hpl.jena.rdf.arp.ARPFilter$MySAXParser.<init>(ARPFilter.java:1
>
> 37)
>
>         at com.hp.hpl.jena.rdf.arp.ARPFilter.create(ARPFilter.java:161)
>
>         at com.hp.hpl.jena.rdf.arp.JenaReader.<init>(JenaReader.java:82)
>
>         at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native
> Method)
>

>         at
> sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstruct
>
> orAccessorImpl.java:39)
>
>         at
> sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingC
>
> onstructorAccessorImpl.java:27)
>
>         at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:274)
>
>         at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Class.java:306)
>
>         at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:259)
>
>         at
> com.hp.hpl.jena.rdf.model.impl.RDFReaderFImpl.getReader(RDFReaderFImp
>
> l.java:95)
>
>         at
> com.hp.hpl.jena.rdf.model.impl.ModelCom.getReader(ModelCom.java:174)
>
>         at org.w3c.IsaViz.RDFLoader.initParser(RDFLoader.java:171)
>
>         at org.w3c.IsaViz.RDFLoader.load(RDFLoader.java:207)
>
>         at org.w3c.IsaViz.Editor$4.construct(Editor.java:531)
>
>         at com.xerox.VTM.engine.SwingWorker$2.run(SwingWorker.java:123)

> How can i resolve this problem? Someone has the same problem?
>

> Andrea

java.exe -classpath lib\isaviz.jar;lib\zvtm.jar;lib\jena.jar;lib\xercesImpl.jar;lib\xmlParserAPIs.jar;lib\icu4j.jar;lib\antlr.jar;lib\junit.jar;lib\log4j-1.2.7.jar;lib\jakarta-oro-2.0.5.jar;lib\commons-logging.jar;lib\concurrent.jar org.w3c.IsaViz.Editor %1 %2 %3