Re: svg manipulation

DEPY MAKRY wrote:

> hallo,
> i am interesting in using ther rdf graphs   produced  using isaviz in a
> presentation . But  i found it difficult to get a clear view even for
> the smallest fragment. Meaning that i try to insert them in a powerpoint
> presentation.
> i have tried batik export possibilities  as well as adobe svg viewer.
>
> any idea?

 From IsaViz you have two options as far as graphical export is concerned:
1) bitmap image output of the current view (encoded using the PNG format)
2) vector graphics representation of the whole graph (encoded in SVG)

1) can obviously not be scalled, but if you are interested in a fragment
of your graph, it is a quick way of getting an "picture" of it. 2) is
much better for graphs of some complexity, but requires an SVG viewer to
be able to navigate and zoom in the graph to see details. As far as I
know, MS-Powerpoint does not support SVG. From what you tell, I gather
that you tried to get a bitmap representation of your graph through
Batik or the Adobe SVG plugin. Is that right? If so, I'm not sure I
understand the nature of your problem. Both of these plugins should be
able to produce clean views of the fragment you are interested in.

Could you be more specific about what you expect?

Thanks,
Emmanuel

--
Emmanuel Pietriga (epietriga@nuxeo.com)