Re: DAML Enquiry

As IsaViz is a general RDF editor, the short answer is yes, you can edit
DAML ontologies with IsaViz, as you can edit RDF Schema.

But IsaViz is not dedicated to DAML ; it has no DAML specific feature. I
am not (yet) familiar with DAML, so I don't know what are DAML class
definitions exactly. Is that more or less equivalent to RDFS classes?

IsaViz 1.1 has no specific support for classes ; but this is going to
change with IsaViz 2.0, as I plan to add, among other things, support
for a schema-aware editing environment : this means that at user option,
and provided that a schema (or set of) is available for the model
currently being edited, the environment will prevent the user from
creating invalid models (invalid w.r.t the RDF Schema, not in the XML
sense).

So if there is a need for an enhanced DAML editing feature, I might also
be able to implement it. Could you be more specific on what you'd need?

Emmanuel

--
emmanuel.pietriga@xrce.xerox.com |  Xerox Research Centre Europe
Contextual Computing             |  6, Chemin de Maupertuis