Re: zoom problem?

I think I am beginning to understand. But I am not sure :)
I think the problem is that you constrain yourself by putting those
20-30 resources only in the region visible at the beginning, whereas you
have a potentially infinite space at your disposal.

What I suggest is : put less resources in this region. This way you'll
get more "breathing space" for labels and all the stuff. When you have
say 10 resources on screen at the max level of magnification, then move
the camera slightly (for instance to the right), you'll then see empty
space in which you can put more resources without creating a cluttered
representation.

It is the same as working with a worksapce with scrollbars. When there
are too much things in the region, you use the scrollbars to go to
another (empty) region of the workspace where you can put new stuff.
here we don't have scrollbars because the workspace is infinite, so it
wouldn't make sense. But moving the camera does the same thing.

I'm not sure I'm making any sense here... Maybe it is fairly obvious and
I'm not actually addressing your real problem. It is hard to describe
this by e-mail.

Emmanuel

--
emmanuel.pietriga@xrce.xerox.com |  Xerox Research Centre Europe
Contextual Computing             |  6, Chemin de Maupertuis