Re: [isaviz] classes

From: Emmanuel Pietriga <emmanuel.pietriga@xrce.xerox.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 08:39:29 +0100
To: Danny Ayers <danny666@virgilio.it>, www-isaviz@w3.org

Danny Ayers wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I think part of my request just comes from my confusion, I wanted to
> abbreviate things like :
>
> <rdfs:range rdf:resource='http://www.w3.org/2000/01/rdf-schema#Literal'/>
>
> Which I'm now thinking isn't something you could do anyway  (or is it? - I'm
> still pretty confused, rusty on RDF).

I'm not sure you can do that. We would have to ask an RDF expert.
What I'm pretty sure about is that from the strict XML point of view, a
parser would not recognize and replace NS bindings in attribute values.

> The other part was in the case where e.g. like this I want to say the range
> of something is a Literal (or any other time I want to call on classes in
> the namespaces I'm in) I could just pick it from a list in the same way that
> you can at present with a property.
>
> Or am I confused here too?

So you'd like to have a list of predefined classes from which you would
pick an entry and this would create a resource of the specified class?

Emmanuel

--
emmanuel.pietriga@xrce.xerox.com |  Xerox Research Centre Europe
Contextual Computing             |  6, Chemin de Maupertuis