W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-isaviz@w3.org > March 2002

RE: some more problems

From: Danny Ayers <danny666@virgilio.it>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 17:24:25 +0100
To: <WWW-isaviz@w3.org>
Message-ID: <EBEPLGMHCDOJJJPCFHEFEEFKFEAA.danny666@virgilio.it>

>> - during editing, the tip of the arrowheads should touch the
>boundary of a
>> resource. Currently the full arrowhead is inside the object.
>
>
>Only half of it is in the object :). This can be annoying when you move
>a node as then the arrows pointing to it get drawn below the node and
>are more or less hidden. The best solution would indeed be to move the
>arrow head 'backward'. But that may not be easy. I'll see what I can do.

heh - don't spend too much time on it! A little while ago I had a similar
problem, where if the arrow went to the centre of a node, the node covered
its head. The output was svg so my first workaround was to define the arrow
as two lines, with the head at the end of the first one, so it appeared in
the middle of the arc [1]. This made for wordy svg though, so later I spent
ages trying to do the sums to get the arrow to touch the side of the
rectangle. The nearest I got has the arrow ending in mid-air [the svg from
2], and unfortunately other work has meant it'll have to stay there for the
time being...

[1] http://www.isacat.net/2002/svolgo/rdf2svg.htm
[2] http://www.isacat.net/2002/svolgo/index.htm
Received on Tuesday, 19 March 2002 11:28:54 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0 + w3c-0.30 : Friday, 25 March 2005 11:19:57 GMT