Re[2]: Bags and sequences

Emmanuel,

Monday, March 18, 2002, 15:41:43, you wrote:

EP> Ivan Herman wrote:

>> Is there a way (or will there be a way) to generate bags and sequences
>> easily (at least in the generated code). Of course, one can spell it
>> out with rdf:type and _1, _2, etc, but it would be great to get it
>> abbreviated with rdf:Bag and rdf:li-s in the output...

EP> I'm not sure I understand what you want exactly.
EP> If you go in the "property types" tab of the "Definitions" window, you
EP> have several predefined property constructors that can help you. One is
EP> rdf:li, the other one is "_?? (Membership property auto-numbering)".
EP> When you select this one and create new statements for a given resource,
EP> IsaViz will look for other _1, _2... properties already present and
EP> assign the new property the lowest _X it finds (X being an integer).

EP> Is that what you want?

Not exactly. I found that out, and that is fine for the visual
representation. But the generated XML/RDF will spell
out the exact content of the graph, with rdf:type, etc. Instead, I
would simply like to have

<rdf:Bag>
<rdf:li>.....</rdf:li>
</rdf:Bag>

and I did not find a way to force the export doing that.

>> Also: is there a way to set the arc labels to use the nameset name
>> rather than the full spelled out name? I mean to use rdf:type and not
>> http://www.w3.org.....#type? It would make the view way less
>> cluttered...
>>

EP> yes. Go the the "Namespaces" tab in the same window. Here you can define
EP> NS prefix bindings for the namespaces used in your model. Two are
EP> present by default, for RDF and RDFS. If you use elements from other
EP> namespaces, like dublin core, those namespaces will be listed here too,
EP> but no prefix will be bound to them. You can bind a prefix by entering a
EP> string in the prefix column (e.g. "dc"). Then, to display the prefix
EP> instead of the full URI for properties in the Graph window, just tick
EP> the checkbox in the right column (display prefix).

Great! That is what I was looking for. Thank you!

Ivan

EP> Emmanuel

EP> P.S: I'm working on your SVG offset problem

----

Ivan Herman
Head of Offices, World Wide Web Consortium
C/o Dutch Office of W3C at CWI
Kruislaan 413, 1098SJ Amsterdam
The Netherlands
tel: +31 20 5924163