RE: Accept-Charset support

Re overhead quantification:

A "good" browser would need to send all or most of the charsets listed

Easy to take all the names, concatenate them and measure the size.

I didn't do it but instead looked at the size of the IANA document
itself which is 44282 bytes.
Assuming the text contains 2/3 overhead, the accept-charset string would
be 14 KB, attached to every GET.
Not counting that the server would need to sort through them and find a
match with a server-side available document or conversion mechanism.