Re: A character is in the eye of the beholder

Martin Bryan wrote:
> I am not convinced that upper/lowercase mappings that change on an
> element-by-element basis would be sensible. How about a compromise. Entities
> sent as separate parts of a MIME set could have separate locale statements
> that control the way they are processed for case sensitive operations.

No one has done a multilingual locale, there isn't much really
multilingual software around, there is not much experience in this area,
and I don't think standards should be formulated until there is more
Jonathan Rosenne
JR Consulting
P O Box 33641, Tel Aviv, Israel
Phone: +972 50 246 522 Fax: +972 9 956 7353