Re: Using unicode or MBCS characters in forms

While we are on this track of trying to widen the range of
"accessability" and useability of all this stuff, lets rememember that
HTTP is only one means of transport for all this stuff, and that 80%
of the Internet is still EMail only;-)...

My point is that we must not Internationalize at the price of further
disabling EMail access to the web.  EMail access is already a huge
problem, largely because of http developers not considering EMail
issues in setting standards, just like they did not consider i18n.

Cheers...\Stef

From Gary Adams's <soapbox> Fri, 21 Jun 1996 09:59:26 -0400:
}
}<soapbox>
}I'm hopeful that this alias will rally together the people who passionately
}want to make a change in the internationalization efforts on the web. This
}will be a great forum to learn about the "hidden, but difficult to use
}configuration parameters to enable i18n" support and help shake out the best
}ways to make it transparent to producers and consumers of multilingual
}materials. With the WWW'97 web conference aiming at the theme of
}"Accessibility", I'd love to see a mini-connectathon in the exhibition area.
}Imagine the booths presenting the "Certified I18N compliant browsers/servers"
}seal of approval.
}</soapbox>
}