Re: Personal names and forms of address

On 13/02/2018 23:57, Behnam Esfahbod wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> In "Localization vs. Internationalization
> <https://www.w3.org/International/questions/qa-i18n>", we have "handling
> of personal names and forms of address" listed under i18n topics, but I
> cannot find any other resources on the topic on W3C i18n docs. So,
> wondering if we have any document that gets to more details.
>
> And, in general, are there any good resources on the topic online or in
> any books?

hi Behnam,

did you try
https://www.w3.org/International/techniques/authoring-html.en?open=style&open=localnames
?

which points to

https://www.w3.org/International/questions/qa-personal-names

Addison and folks from the LDS Church have given Unicode conf
presentations on the topic.

There was some work at OASIS, but i can't remember whether it was on
names or addresses or both.  I remember it being a fairly complex spec.

hth
ri