Re: i18n-ISSUE-362: [css-counter-styles] In the document language

From: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2017 16:28:07 -0400
To: Richard Ishida <ishida@w3.org>, W3C Style <www-style@w3.org>, www International <www-international@w3.org>
On 09/24/2015 01:03 PM, Richard Ishida wrote:
> 3.9 Speech Synthesis: the speak-as descriptor
> http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css-counter-styles/#counter-style-speak-as
>

> I guess that 'in the document language' actually means in the language most recently declared for the text where the counter
> appears, which may not be the same as that declared for the document as a whole.
>
> if that is indeed what is meant, i such we make an editorial change to replace 'in the document language' with something more
> precise.
>
> (btw, bullets is the only value that doesn't say 'in the document language", but i think it or its replacement is equally
> applicable here. If the list is in French, the French word for the UA defined phrase needs to be used.)

Hi Richard,
The CSSWG discussed this issue and concluded that the counter style
should indeed be in the content language of the element.
   https://www.w3.org/TR/css-text-3/#content-language
   https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2017Aug/0034.html
We have thus replaced those instances of “document language” with
“content language”. Please let us know if this resolves the issue.

Thanks~
~fantasai