W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-international@w3.org > July to September 2017

[minutes] Internationalization telecon 2017-09-21

From: r12a <ishida@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2017 17:50:25 +0100
To: www International <www-international@w3.org>
Message-ID: <e7dcbc22-9d94-6da2-c665-7d94ff6c049c@w3.org>
https://www.w3.org/2017/09/21-i18n-minutes.html




text extract follows:


  - DRAFT -

            Internationalization Working Group Teleconference

21 Sep 2017

    See also: [2]IRC log

       [2] http://www.w3.org/2017/09/21-i18n-irc

Attendees

    Present
           Bert, David, Fuqiao, r12a, Steve, Andrew

    Regrets
           Jan, Addison, JcK

    Chair
           r12a

    Scribe
           r12a

Contents

      * [3]Topics
          1. [4]Action Items
          2. [5]Info Share
          3. [6]RADAR and Active Work Review
          4. [7]accesskey in HTML
          5. [8]Review Pending and Close issues (see tracker issues
             for notes taken)
      * [9]Summary of Action Items
      * [10]Summary of Resolutions
      __________________________________________________________

    REMINDER: Find telecon joining info at
    [11]https://www.w3.org/2017/09/i18n-meeting-info.html

      [11] https://www.w3.org/2017/09/i18n-meeting-info.html

    [12]https://www.w3.org/2017/09/i18n-meeting-info.html

      [12] https://www.w3.org/2017/09/i18n-meeting-info.html

    agenda
    [13]https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2017S
    ep/0006.html

      [13] 
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2017Sep/0006.html

Action Items

    [14]http://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/open

      [14] http://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/open

    close action-653

    <trackbot> Closed action-653.

    close action-654

    <trackbot> Closed action-654.

Info Share

RADAR and Active Work Review

    [15]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/projects/1

      [15] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/projects/1

    [16]http://w3c.github.io/i18n-activity/reviews/

      [16] http://w3c.github.io/i18n-activity/reviews/

    Addison, need to add WCAG to project page

    r12a did some review

    [17]http://w3c.github.io/i18n-activity/projects/

      [17] http://w3c.github.io/i18n-activity/projects/

    [18]https://www.w3.org/International/questions/qa-css-lang

      [18] https://www.w3.org/International/questions/qa-css-lang

accesskey in HTML

    [19]https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-international/2017
    JulSep/0111.html

      [19] 
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-international/2017JulSep/0111.html

    [20]https://www.w3.org/International/tests/repo/results/accessk
    ey

      [20] https://www.w3.org/International/tests/repo/results/accesskey

Review Pending and Close issues (see tracker issues for notes taken)

    [21]https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-international/2017
    JulSep/0113.html

      [21] 
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-international/2017JulSep/0113.html

    • What do 'character key' and 'printable' mean?

    [22]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/484

      [22] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/484

    agree: send to WCAG

    • Please always use charset and lang for your documents.

    [23]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/483

      [23] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/483

    resolve: send to WCAG

    • Adapting Text: Line height and leading

    [24]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/480

      [24] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/480

    resolve: send to WCAG

    • Adapting Text: font-family

    [25]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/479

      [25] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/479

    resolve: send to WCAG

    • Adapting Text: Letter spacing

    [26]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/478

      [26] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/478

    resolve: send to WCAG

    • Purpose of Purpose of Controls

    [27]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/477

      [27] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/477

    [28]https://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG21/#dfn-conventional-links

      [28] https://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG21/#dfn-conventional-links

    resolve: send to WCAG

    • Why reduce accesskey values to a single code point?

    [29]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/482

      [29] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/482

    resolve: send to HTML

    • Normalization and accesskey

    [30]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/481

      [30] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/481

    resolve: send to HTML

    • Display name content rules?

    [31]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/208

      [31] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/208

    resolve: send to WebAuth

    • Examples should include non-ASCII [editorial]

    [32]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/207

      [32] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/207

    resolve: send to WebAuth

    • Subscription request needs to define UTF-8

    [33]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/324

      [33] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/324

    resolve: close

    • English idiom (non-I18N)(editorial)

    [34]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/323

      [34] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/323

    resolve: close

    • week number is actually culturally linked

    [35]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/402

      [35] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/402

    resolve: close

    • DTD vs. DT example comments

    [36]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/405

      [36] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/405

    resolve: close

    • description of time zone

    [37]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/401

      [37] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/401

    resolve: close

    <scribe> ACTION: Richard to send pending issues agreed during
    call, and close issues agreed during call; and send out new
    list for discussion next week [recorded in
    [38]http://www.w3.org/2017/09/21-i18n-minutes.html#action01]

      [38] http://www.w3.org/2017/09/21-i18n-minutes.html#action01

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-655 - Send pending issues agreed
    during call, and close issues agreed during call; and send out
    new list for discussion next week [on Richard Ishida - due
    2017-09-28].

    meeting adjourned

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: Richard to send pending issues agreed during
    call, and close issues agreed during call; and send out new
    list for discussion next week [recorded in
    [39]http://www.w3.org/2017/09/21-i18n-minutes.html#action01]

      [39] http://www.w3.org/2017/09/21-i18n-minutes.html#action01

Summary of Resolutions

    [End of minutes]
Received on Thursday, 21 September 2017 16:49:26 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Thursday, 21 September 2017 16:49:28 UTC