W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-international@w3.org > July to September 2017

[minutes] Internationalization telecon 2017-08-17

From: r12a <ishida@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2017 16:52:17 +0100
To: www International <www-international@w3.org>
Message-ID: <ab370f23-f163-c6c2-cb69-13461b43c253@w3.org>
https://www.w3.org/2017/08/17-i18n-minutes.html



text extract follows:




                                - DRAFT -

            Internationalization Working Group Teleconference

17 Aug 2017

    [2]Agenda

       [2] 
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2017Aug/0011.html

    See also: [3]IRC log

       [3] http://www.w3.org/2017/08/17-i18n-irc

Attendees

    Present
           JcK, Bert, r12a, David, Addison, (IRC, only)

    Regrets
    Chair
           Addison Phillips

    Scribe
           addison

Contents

      * [4]Topics
          1. [5]Agenda items
          2. [6]Info Share
          3. [7]escapes article update
          4. [8]TTML issue closing
          5. [9]String meta
      * [10]Summary of Action Items
      * [11]Summary of Resolutions
      __________________________________________________________

    trackbot, prepare teleconference

    <scribe> ScribeNick: addison

    <r12a> [12]http://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/open

      [12] http://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/open

Agenda items

    <r12a> close action-637

    <trackbot> Closed action-637.

Info Share

    <r12a> [13]http://localhost/git/i18n-activity/dashboard.html

      [13] http://localhost/git/i18n-activity/dashboard.html

    <r12a> [14]http://w3c.github.io/i18n-activity/dashboard.html

      [14] http://w3c.github.io/i18n-activity/dashboard.html

    <r12a> [15]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/projects/1

      [15] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/projects/1

escapes article update

    <r12a>
    [16]http://w3c.github.io/i18n-drafts/questions/qa-escapes.en.ht
    ml#cssescapes

      [16] 
http://w3c.github.io/i18n-drafts/questions/qa-escapes.en.html#cssescapes

    <r12a> please all review changes by next week and report any
    issues

    <r12a> if no objection i'll publish to w3c site and alert
    translators

    Addison: I like it and have no objections

TTML issue closing

    <r12a>
    [17]https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2017A
    ug/0016.html

      [17] 
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2017Aug/0016.html

    <r12a> motion: close issues, any objections?

    <r12a> no objections noted

    <r12a> ACTION: Richard to close TTML issues [recorded in
    [18]http://www.w3.org/2017/08/17-i18n-minutes.html#action01]

      [18] http://www.w3.org/2017/08/17-i18n-minutes.html#action01

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-643 - Close ttml issues [on Richard
    Ishida - due 2017-08-24].

String meta

    <r12a>
    [19]http://w3c.github.io/i18n-drafts/articles/strings-and-bidi/
    index.en

      [19] 
http://w3c.github.io/i18n-drafts/articles/strings-and-bidi/index.en

    <r12a> Should i adapt one of the examples to show how
    language-based determination of direction may help?

    Addison: I think that makes sense

    <r12a> question: are acronyms ever spelled out from right to
    left?

    <r12a> ... and abbreviations LTR

    <r12a> C.S.S. -> .C.S.S

    <r12a> JcK: add to the article, but underline the issues we
    discussed

    <r12a> ie. az-Latn vs az-Arab

    <r12a> also distinct uses of lang and dir in markup

    <r12a> also need receiver to understand what lang has what
    direction

    <r12a> ACTION: Richard to add the language use case to string
    meta article [recorded in
    [20]http://www.w3.org/2017/08/17-i18n-minutes.html#action02]

      [20] http://www.w3.org/2017/08/17-i18n-minutes.html#action02

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-644 - Add the language use case to
    string meta article [on Richard Ishida - due 2017-08-24].

    <r12a> meeting adjourned

    <r12a> present Addison (IRC only)

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: Richard to add the language use case to string
    meta article [recorded in
    [21]http://www.w3.org/2017/08/17-i18n-minutes.html#action02]
    [NEW] ACTION: Richard to close TTML issues [recorded in
    [22]http://www.w3.org/2017/08/17-i18n-minutes.html#action01]

      [21] http://www.w3.org/2017/08/17-i18n-minutes.html#action02
      [22] http://www.w3.org/2017/08/17-i18n-minutes.html#action01

Summary of Resolutions

    [End of minutes]
Received on Thursday, 17 August 2017 15:52:24 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Thursday, 17 August 2017 15:52:25 UTC