Comment on Requirements for Language and Direction Metadata in Data Formats (Editor's Draft 13 July 2017)

From: Matitiahu Allouche <matitiahu.allouche@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2017 01:43:42 +0300
To: <www-international@w3.org>

In 4.4 "Augmenting first-strong by inserting RLM markers", we find "As a variant of the first-strong heuristic approach, the consumer would still need to also use first-strong heuristics to apply the correct directionality to the string".
I don't understand this. The first-strong heuristic is also its own variant?

Shalom (Regards),  Mati