W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-international@w3.org > July to September 2017

[minutes] Internationalization telecon 2017-07-06

From: r12a <ishida@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2017 19:48:38 +0100
To: www International <www-international@w3.org>
Message-ID: <fa13dd23-c517-0cca-5bac-6694a977c387@w3.org>
https://www.w3.org/2017/07/06-i18n-minutes.html


text version follows:


- DRAFT -

            Internationalization Working Group Teleconference

06 Jul 2017

    [2]Agenda

       [2] 
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2017Jul/0000.html

    See also: [3]IRC log

       [3] http://www.w3.org/2017/07/06-i18n-irc

Attendees

    Present
           Bert, Addison, Richard, JcK, David

    Regrets
           Steven

    Chair
           Addison Phillips

    Scribe
           Addison Phillips

Contents

      * [4]Topics
          1. [5]Agenda
          2. [6]Action Items
          3. [7]Info Share
          4. [8]Radar
          5. [9]Publishing UXML
          6. [10]Requirements for language/direction metadata
             document
          7. [11]review of qa-floating-times
          8. [12]increasing review visibility
          9. [13]AOB?
      * [14]Summary of Action Items
      * [15]Summary of Resolutions
      __________________________________________________________

    trackbot, prepare teleconference

    <scribe> ScribeNick: addison

    <scribe> Scribe: Addison Phillips

Agenda

Action Items

    [16]https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/open

      [16] https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/open

    close action-620

    <trackbot> Closed action-620.

    action-622?

    <trackbot> action-622 -- Richard Ishida to Forward poe/ordl
    comments on behalf of bert -- due 2017-06-08 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [17]http://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/622

      [17] http://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/622

    richard: fully occupies so didn't get to it.

    bert: assign to me

    action-626?

    <trackbot> action-626 -- Addison Phillips to Notify semantic
    sensor network ontology folks that review is complete -- due
    2017-06-22 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [18]http://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/626

      [18] http://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/626

    close action-626

    <trackbot> Closed action-626.

    action-627?

    <trackbot> action-627 -- Addison Phillips to Pull together
    "requirements for language and direction information in data
    formats" draft -- due 2017-06-22 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [19]http://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/627

      [19] http://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/627

    close action-627

    <trackbot> Closed action-627.

    action-629?

    <trackbot> action-629 -- Richard Ishida to Set up notifications
    for push-api -- due 2017-07-06 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [20]http://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/629

      [20] http://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/629

    close action-629

    <trackbot> Closed action-629.

    action-630?

    <trackbot> action-630 -- Steven Atkin to Raise push-api
    comments after r12a sets up notifications -- due 2017-07-06 --
    OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [21]http://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/630

      [21] http://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/630

    close action-630

    <trackbot> Closed action-630.

Info Share

    jck: second version of precis documents about to be approved
    ... revision fixes problems with first version
    ... create additional set of recommendations about how to
    handle things
    ... not consistent with our or maybe unicode's

    addison: do anything about it?

    jck: difficulty is everyone is doing right thing in their own
    context

    <r12a>
    [22]https://www.w3.org/International/tests/repo/results/writing
    -modes-bidi

      [22] 
https://www.w3.org/International/tests/repo/results/writing-modes-bidi

    richard: something just came up
    ... a while back said "doing pretty well with bidi properties"
    ... safari passes that are not isolated
    ... now webkit passes isolated
    ... the nightly, so hopefully safari main soon
    ... now work on edge

Radar

    [23]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/projects/1

      [23] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/projects/1

    richard: perhaps Bert could take up data-related stuff, perhaps
    microdata?
    ... also chaals and company were willing to come on call to
    explain if interested

    <scribe> ACTION: addison: invite chaals to teleconference in
    two weeks to discuss microdata [recorded in
    [24]http://www.w3.org/2017/07/06-i18n-minutes.html#action01]

      [24] http://www.w3.org/2017/07/06-i18n-minutes.html#action01

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-631 - Invite chaals to teleconference
    in two weeks to discuss microdata [on Addison Phillips - due
    2017-07-13].

    [25]http://w3c.github.io/i18n-activity/projects/

      [25] http://w3c.github.io/i18n-activity/projects/

Publishing UXML

    richard: took a look at ed draft and latest tr version
    ... there is a big panel in the tr that is not in editor's
    drarft
    ... better to have a larger, clearer banner

    [26]https://www.w3.org/TR/unicode-xml/

      [26] https://www.w3.org/TR/unicode-xml/

    [27]https://aphillips.github.io/unicode-xml/

      [27] https://aphillips.github.io/unicode-xml/

    addison: happy to add the big change in status block

    <r12a>
    [28]https://www.w3.org/TR/2017/NOTE-geolocation-API-v2-20170706
    /

      [28] https://www.w3.org/TR/2017/NOTE-geolocation-API-v2-20170706/

    richard: to mark as obsolete

    <scribe> ACTION: addison: update unicode-xml to include change
    in status banner [recorded in
    [29]http://www.w3.org/2017/07/06-i18n-minutes.html#action02]

      [29] http://www.w3.org/2017/07/06-i18n-minutes.html#action02

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-632 - Update unicode-xml to include
    change in status banner [on Addison Phillips - due 2017-07-13].

    addison: I will style the banner box something hideous so it is
    notable

Requirements for language/direction metadata document

    [30]https://aphillips.github.io/bidi-lang-req/

      [30] https://aphillips.github.io/bidi-lang-req/

    <scribe> ACTION: richard: create github repo for new document
    (call it string-metadata) [recorded in
    [31]http://www.w3.org/2017/07/06-i18n-minutes.html#action03]

      [31] http://www.w3.org/2017/07/06-i18n-minutes.html#action03

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-633 - Create github repo for new
    document (call it string-metadata) [on Richard Ishida - due
    2017-07-13].

    Requirements for Language and Direction Metadata in Data
    Formats

    (addison invites folks to send pull requests)

review of qa-floating-times

    <r12a>
    [32]https://www.w3.org/International/articles/definitions-time/
    index

      [32] https://www.w3.org/International/articles/definitions-time/index

    <r12a> ACTION: Richard to check John's comment on floating
    times article [recorded in
    [33]http://www.w3.org/2017/07/06-i18n-minutes.html#action04]

      [33] http://www.w3.org/2017/07/06-i18n-minutes.html#action04

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-634 - Check john's comment on
    floating times article [on Richard Ishida - due 2017-07-13].

increasing review visibility

    richard: always been a worry that we don't announce clearly
    that there's a new spec that needs attention
    ... may also help making I18N more visible
    ... raise profile of I18N

    addison: status report to chairs?

    richard: publishing lists?
    ... ivan/dave cramer/tsviya ?
    ... assign folks to think about it more

    <scribe> ACTION: addison: remind all to think about ways and
    venues for reaching out to larger audience for reviews
    [recorded in
    [34]http://www.w3.org/2017/07/06-i18n-minutes.html#action05]

      [34] http://www.w3.org/2017/07/06-i18n-minutes.html#action05

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-635 - Remind all to think about ways
    and venues for reaching out to larger audience for reviews [on
    Addison Phillips - due 2017-07-13].

    richard: lreq folks (not layout requirements)
    ... maybe classify types of spec in terms of potential users in
    some way

    david: what about gov't orgs

AOB?

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: addison: invite chaals to teleconference in two
    weeks to discuss microdata [recorded in
    [35]http://www.w3.org/2017/07/06-i18n-minutes.html#action01]
    [NEW] ACTION: addison: remind all to think about ways and
    venues for reaching out to larger audience for reviews
    [recorded in
    [36]http://www.w3.org/2017/07/06-i18n-minutes.html#action05]
    [NEW] ACTION: addison: update unicode-xml to include change in
    status banner [recorded in
    [37]http://www.w3.org/2017/07/06-i18n-minutes.html#action02]
    [NEW] ACTION: Richard to check John's comment on floating times
    article [recorded in
    [38]http://www.w3.org/2017/07/06-i18n-minutes.html#action04]
    [NEW] ACTION: richard: create github repo for new document
    (call it string-metadata) [recorded in
    [39]http://www.w3.org/2017/07/06-i18n-minutes.html#action03]

      [35] http://www.w3.org/2017/07/06-i18n-minutes.html#action01
      [36] http://www.w3.org/2017/07/06-i18n-minutes.html#action05
      [37] http://www.w3.org/2017/07/06-i18n-minutes.html#action02
      [38] http://www.w3.org/2017/07/06-i18n-minutes.html#action04
      [39] http://www.w3.org/2017/07/06-i18n-minutes.html#action03

Summary of Resolutions

    [End of minutes]
Received on Thursday, 6 July 2017 18:48:51 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Thursday, 6 July 2017 18:48:52 UTC