W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-international@w3.org > January to March 2017

[minutes] Internationalization telecon 2017-02-23

From: r12a <ishida@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2017 09:42:16 +0000
To: www International <www-international@w3.org>
Message-ID: <e665143e-7047-a742-84d4-8e7e76ed053f@w3.org>
https://www.w3.org/2017/02/23-i18n-minutes.html



text version:


- DRAFT -

            Internationalization Working Group Teleconference

23 Feb 2017

    [2]Agenda

       [2] 
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2017Feb/0021.html

    See also: [3]IRC log

       [3] http://www.w3.org/2017/02/23-i18n-irc

Attendees

    Present
           Richard, Addison, Felix, JcK, David

    Regrets
           Steven

    Chair
           Addison Phillips

    Scribe
           addison

Contents

      * [4]Topics
          1. [5]Action Items
          2. [6]Info Share
          3. [7]RADAR and Active Work Review
          4. [8]agree to publish these two obsolete documents
          5. [9]Topic: RADAR and Active Work Review
          6. [10]AOB?
      * [11]Summary of Action Items
      * [12]Summary of Resolutions
      __________________________________________________________

Action Items

    [13]https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/open

      [13] https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/open

    close action-358

    <trackbot> Closed action-358.

    close action-412

    <trackbot> Closed action-412.

    action-462?

    <trackbot> action-462 -- Addison Phillips to Follow up with
    editors on bdo/bdi/etc. and prepare an example for
    consideration by the wg to send them -- due 2015-09-10 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [14]http://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/462

      [14] http://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/462

    close action-462

    <trackbot> Closed action-462.

    close action-586

    <trackbot> Closed action-586.

    action-590?

    <trackbot> action-590 -- Addison Phillips to Follow up on html
    issue 343 wording and reopen if necessary -- due 2017-02-09 --
    OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [15]http://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/590

      [15] http://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/590

    close action 590

    action-591?

    <trackbot> action-591 -- Richard Ishida to Re-check letter
    spacing in css-text issues for closure -- due 2017-02-09 --
    OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [16]http://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/591

      [16] http://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/591

Info Share

    jck: urnbis last call
    ... vocabulary has been a problem
    ... such as "ASCII range"

    <r12a> Vivliostyle member submission “Current Status of
    Japanese Typography Using Web Technologies” announced
    [17]http://www.w3.org/Submission/2017/01/. (Submission request
    to W3C from Vivliostyle)

      [17] http://www.w3.org/Submission/2017/01/.

    jck: more notes on EAI

    [18]https://github.com/w3c/html/issues/538

      [18] https://github.com/w3c/html/issues/538

    <r12a> [19]https://github.com/w3c/hlreq

      [19] https://github.com/w3c/hlreq

    richard: now have a hebrew layout requirements task force
    ... above is their github repo
    ... there is a particular layout to the document, now standard
    across LReq groups
    ... process to join changed, not necessary to be IE

    <r12a> [20]https://github.com/w3c/tlreq

      [20] https://github.com/w3c/tlreq

    richard: also a Tibetan LReq

    <r12a> [21]https://github.com/w3c/alreq

      [21] https://github.com/w3c/alreq

    richard: just published an updated indic and chinese lreq
    ... enabled echidna for both groups
    ... their WD is up to date with ED
    ... have been working on type samples repo

    <r12a> [22]https://github.com/w3c/type-samples

      [22] https://github.com/w3c/type-samples

    richard: experimenting with changing format of issue format
    ... quite easy to get pictures into repo and issues by
    drag-and-drop
    ... issues and suggestions welcome
    ... want to write a UI
    ... something like lists for review comments
    ... although different

RADAR and Active Work Review

    [23]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/projects/1

      [23] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/projects/1

agree to publish these two obsolete documents

    [24]https://w3c.github.io/mlw-metadata-us-impl/index-as-respec-
    snapshot.html

      [24] 
https://w3c.github.io/mlw-metadata-us-impl/index-as-respec-snapshot.html

    [25]https://w3c.github.io/its2req/index-as-respec-snapshot.html

      [25] https://w3c.github.io/its2req/index-as-respec-snapshot.html

    felix: agreed to publish these years ago
    ... converted to respec and ready
    ... nothing changed except status section
    ... which say 'not moving forward'
    ... or written in a later version
    ... "content as is"
    ... propose to publish

    <r12a> +1

    +1

    <Klensin> +0 (abstain --0 don't consider myself informed
    enough)

    <Klensin> correcting... +1

    <fsasaki> +1

    so resolved

    richard: which mailing list?
    ... public-i18n-core?

    (agreement)

    richard: home page news item for these?

    felix: we didn't for ws-i18n

Topic: RADAR and Active Work Review

    [26]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/projects/1

      [26] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/projects/1

    [27]http://w3c.github.io/i18n-activity/reviews/

      [27] http://w3c.github.io/i18n-activity/reviews/

    <scribe> ACTION: addison: reply to marcos caceres email and
    list his question as a topic for next teleconference [recorded
    in [28]http://www.w3.org/2017/02/23-i18n-minutes.html#action01]

      [28] http://www.w3.org/2017/02/23-i18n-minutes.html#action01]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-594 - Reply to marcos caceres email
    and list his question as a topic for next teleconference [on
    Addison Phillips - due 2017-03-02].

    [29]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/324

      [29] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/324

    [30]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/323

      [30] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/323

    <scribe> ACTION: felix: publish to obsolete WG Notes as decided
    in this week's teleconference [recorded in
    [31]http://www.w3.org/2017/02/23-i18n-minutes.html#action02]

      [31] http://www.w3.org/2017/02/23-i18n-minutes.html#action02]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-595 - Publish to obsolete wg notes as
    decided in this week's teleconference [on Felix Sasaki - due
    2017-03-02].

    [32]https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-core/2017J
    anMar/0059.html

      [32] 
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-core/2017JanMar/0059.html

AOB?

    <scribe> ScribeNick: addison

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: addison: reply to marcos caceres email and list
    his question as a topic for next teleconference [recorded in
    [33]http://www.w3.org/2017/02/23-i18n-minutes.html#action01]
    [NEW] ACTION: felix: publish to obsolete WG Notes as decided in
    this week's teleconference [recorded in
    [34]http://www.w3.org/2017/02/23-i18n-minutes.html#action02]

      [33] http://www.w3.org/2017/02/23-i18n-minutes.html#action01
      [34] http://www.w3.org/2017/02/23-i18n-minutes.html#action02

Summary of Resolutions

    [End of minutes]
Received on Monday, 27 February 2017 09:42:34 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Monday, 27 February 2017 09:42:34 UTC