W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-international@w3.org > January to March 2017

[minutes] Internationalization telecon 2017-01-19

From: r12a <ishida@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2017 18:05:32 +0100
To: www International <www-international@w3.org>
Message-ID: <2da9a6f8-354e-47f8-3be7-9da81026950b@w3.org>
https://www.w3.org/2017/01/19-i18n-minutes.html




text version follows:

Internationalization Working Group Teleconference

19 Jan 2017

    [2]Agenda

       [2] 
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2017Jan/0007.html

    See also: [3]IRC log

       [3] http://www.w3.org/2017/01/19-i18n-irc

Attendees

    Present
           felix, JohnO, Addison, Steve, Richard, Felix

    Regrets
           David

    Chair
           Addison Phillips

    Scribe
           Addison Phillips

Contents

      * [4]Topics
          1. [5]Agenda
          2. [6]Action Items
          3. [7]Info Share
          4. [8]Radar and Active Work Review
          5. [9]For internal review: Styling vertical Chinese,
             Japanese, Korean and Mongolian text
          6. [10]Typography Document ready for wide review?
          7. [11]Charmod-Norm ready for wide review?
          8. [12]AOB?
      * [13]Summary of Action Items
      * [14]Summary of Resolutions
      __________________________________________________________

Agenda

Action Items

    [15]https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/open

      [15] https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/open

    action-358?

    <trackbot> action-358 -- Felix Sasaki to Retire requirements
    for its 2.0 -- due 2014-11-06 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [16]http://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/358

      [16] http://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/358

    action-412?

    <trackbot> action-412 -- Felix Sasaki to Publish multilingual
    web usage scenarios -- due 2015-03-12 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [17]http://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/412

      [17] http://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/412

    felix: converted these to respec
    ... wondering about next step to publish
    ... one thing is that we should add something say "published as
    notes"
    ... won't be worked on further
    ... published by WG or by ITS-IG?
    ... currently say IG
    ... docs in my private github repo
    ... where do I put them?

    <fsasaki>
    [18]http://fsasaki.github.io/stuff/its2req/index-as-respec.html

      [18] http://fsasaki.github.io/stuff/its2req/index-as-respec.html

    <fsasaki>
    [19]http://fsasaki.github.io/stuff/mlw-metadata-us-impl/index-a
    s-respec.html

      [19] 
http://fsasaki.github.io/stuff/mlw-metadata-us-impl/index-as-respec.html

    richard: are they pub ready?

    felix: need to check

    richard: normal pub req
    ... check valid, checklinks, pubrules
    ... will set up a separate repo for each
    ... can set up

    <scribe> ACTION: richard: set up two repos for felix's
    documents from ITS for final publication as Note [recorded in
    [20]http://www.w3.org/2017/01/19-i18n-minutes.html#action01]

      [20] http://www.w3.org/2017/01/19-i18n-minutes.html#action01]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-580 - Set up two repos for felix's
    documents from its for final publication as note [on Richard
    Ishida - due 2017-01-26].

    felix: which group? WG or IG?

    richard: you'll see some text like this in LReq
    ... check ready for pub; I'll create repos; transfer them; then
    check pubrules; decide who to raise pub req

    action-541?

    <trackbot> action-541 -- Richard Ishida to Revise issue 159
    about modifier keys and make appropriate revisions -- due
    2016-07-28 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [21]http://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/541

      [21] http://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/541

    close action-451

    <trackbot> Closed action-451.

    close action-541

    <trackbot> Closed action-541.

    action-451?

    <trackbot> action-451 -- Addison Phillips to Respond on csvw
    issue 617 officially explaining that the wg believes that
    cldr's values and data structures are needed -- due 2015-07-09
    -- CLOSED

    <trackbot>
    [22]http://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/451

      [22] http://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/451

    close action-573

    <trackbot> Closed action-573.

Info Share

Radar and Active Work Review

    [23]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/projects/1

      [23] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/projects/1

    [24]http://w3c.github.io/i18n-activity/projects/

      [24] http://w3c.github.io/i18n-activity/projects/

    [25]https://github.com/whatwg/url/pull/199

      [25] https://github.com/whatwg/url/pull/199

    richard: meeting of ad hoc scripts cmte
    ... discussion of nnbsp in mongolian
    ... change mongolian so it doesn't use narrow non break space

    <scribe> ... new char they'd use instead

    richard: in part because nnbsp is used to separate suffixes
    ... mongolian is agglutinative
    ... not always but often separated by a very small space
    ... when you do selection/line break, should not be treated as
    space
    ... don't do these thing properly
    ... if fallback font is Arial, then fonts don't produce right
    behavior
    ... so asking for a new character, Unicode pushing back
    ... proposal doc to be written

    richard: don't know if nnbsp is considered whitespace

For internal review: Styling vertical Chinese, Japanese, Korean and
Mongolian text

    [26]http://w3c.github.io/i18n-drafts/articles/vertical-text.en

      [26] http://w3c.github.io/i18n-drafts/articles/vertical-text.en

    richard: is this ready for wide review?

    steve: looked through it; greatly impressed; ready for wide
    review

    <r12a> add an issue styling so that it's clear we're looking
    for feedback

    <scribe> ACTION: richard: send vertical article for wide review
    after getting final feedback and fixing the issue styling
    [recorded in
    [27]http://www.w3.org/2017/01/19-i18n-minutes.html#action02]

      [27] http://www.w3.org/2017/01/19-i18n-minutes.html#action02]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-581 - Send vertical article for wide
    review after getting final feedback and fixing the issue
    styling [on Richard Ishida - due 2017-01-26].

Typography Document ready for wide review?

    [28]http://w3c.github.io/typography/

      [28] http://w3c.github.io/typography/

    [29]http://w3c.github.io/typography/checklist

      [29] http://w3c.github.io/typography/checklist

    richard: stuff that fantasai wrote about how justification
    works has a few issues that I need to address
    ... so probably not ready

    <scribe> ACTION: richard: sort out justification text on
    typography document [recorded in
    [30]http://www.w3.org/2017/01/19-i18n-minutes.html#action03]

      [30] http://www.w3.org/2017/01/19-i18n-minutes.html#action03]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-582 - Sort out justification text on
    typography document [on Richard Ishida - due 2017-01-26].

    any ideas for how to publicize issues we have? send to the
    group

Charmod-Norm ready for wide review?

    [31]http://w3c.github.io/charmod-norm/

      [31] http://w3c.github.io/charmod-norm/

    <scribe> ACTION: addison: review charmod-norm issues list and
    propose closure [recorded in
    [32]http://www.w3.org/2017/01/19-i18n-minutes.html#action04]

      [32] http://www.w3.org/2017/01/19-i18n-minutes.html#action04]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-583 - Review charmod-norm issues list
    and propose closure [on Addison Phillips - due 2017-01-26].

AOB?

    <Steve_Atkin>
    [33]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/310

      [33] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/310

    steve: get a list of remote devices for playback?
    ... can't specifically think of a case

    [34]https://github.com/whatwg/infra/issues/1#issuecomment-27348
    5493

      [34] https://github.com/whatwg/infra/issues/1#issuecomment-273485493

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: addison: review charmod-norm issues list and
    propose closure [recorded in
    [35]http://www.w3.org/2017/01/19-i18n-minutes.html#action04]
    [NEW] ACTION: richard: send vertical article for wide review
    after getting final feedback and fixing the issue styling
    [recorded in
    [36]http://www.w3.org/2017/01/19-i18n-minutes.html#action02]
    [NEW] ACTION: richard: set up two repos for felix's documents
    from ITS for final publication as Note [recorded in
    [37]http://www.w3.org/2017/01/19-i18n-minutes.html#action01]
    [NEW] ACTION: richard: sort out justification text on
    typography document [recorded in
    [38]http://www.w3.org/2017/01/19-i18n-minutes.html#action03]

      [35] http://www.w3.org/2017/01/19-i18n-minutes.html#action04
      [36] http://www.w3.org/2017/01/19-i18n-minutes.html#action02
      [37] http://www.w3.org/2017/01/19-i18n-minutes.html#action01
      [38] http://www.w3.org/2017/01/19-i18n-minutes.html#action03

Summary of Resolutions

    [End of minutes]
Received on Thursday, 19 January 2017 17:05:46 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Thursday, 19 January 2017 17:05:47 UTC