Re: [minutes] Internationalization telecon 2016-08-04 with Social Web WG

The confusing thing there is that the text to copy doesn't layout in the
browser the way "should look like" says.

I did some experiments with indieweb processing tools.
http://known.kevinmarks.com/2016/-inline-rtl-works-in-reverse-without-implementers-knowing
has the hard rtl character
This made it through the processing chain to irc, webmention, irc logs and
Slack ok, but Facebook and Twitter stripped it.

The more subtle rlm marker here
http://known.kevinmarks.com/2016/the-title-is-%D9%85%D9%81%D8%AA%D8%A7%D8%AD-%D9%85%D8%B9%D8%A7%D9%8A%D9%8A%D8%B1-%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%88%D9%8A%D8%A8-in-arabicexclamation-mark-should-be-on-left-test1-1
made it through the indieweb processing chains too, but again was stripped
by Facebook and Twitter.

This reinforces the point that if we can embed the rtl nuances in the utf8
directly, it can likely survive more processing stages, as most text is
passed through unmodified. If there is an external marker that needs to be
processed at each stage and preserved, it is much less likely to stand up
to a toolchain.