Re: Updated article: Unicode Bidirectional Algorithm basics

hi Lina,

i'm thinking we should really be raising these comments as github
issues, but i'll reply here for now.

On 26/07/2016 12:12, Lina Kemmel wrote:
>> Directional runs
>> Here's the important bit: the order in which directional runs themselves
>> are displayed across the page depends on the *prevailing base direction*

>> Embedding changes to the base direction
>> To correct this, we need to define the *base direction of the Arabic
> text*
>> plus the exclamation mark to be right-to-left.
>
> A comment on terminology.. I'd suggest to use just "base direction" when
> referring to the paragraph direction, and "embedding direction" otherwise.

I'm not sure what the difference is, actually, other than the instance
of use, and i'd rather not use different terminology, since i want to
keep this as simple as possible for the reader.

ri