Re: [charmod-norm] Provide descriptions of Unicode case folding

On Wed, Aug 05, 2015 at 12:09:31PM -0700, Asmus Freytag wrote:
> On 8/4/2015 8:02 AM, Phillips, Addison wrote:
> >
> >Agreed, although that makes me wonder how IDNA will handle the addition of
> >lowercase to the Cherokee script.
> >

> Long term, if the majority of text in Cherokee is in the (new) lowercase,
> would it be awkward to force them to use the uppercase for idns?

Well, at the moment, IDNA2008 is frozen in pre-Unicode-7 because of a
different problem, so the issue will be academic until then.

But a major change to case folding behaviour between Unicode versions
would be pretty disruptive to any identifier system, yeah.

Andrew Sullivan
ajs@anvilwalrusden.com