Re: New name for Predefined Counter Styles doc

On Monday, 13 April 2015, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl> wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 13, 2015 at 1:31 PM, Richard Ishida <ishida@w3.org> wrote:
>> i updated the intro, abstract, etc. to make it as clear as i could
>> http://w3c.github.io/predefined-counter-styles/
>>
>> i put in a tentative new title, but just to try it
>
> Looks good. Also I would remove definitions that are already in
> Counter Styles. Pointing them out seems more appropriate rather than
> placing them on equal footing.

Not sure "equal footing" is the appropriate phrase.

But then, using some of the list types in the counter styles document
requires some knowledge of the typographic and typesetting conventions of
the scripts or languages to correctly display the list markers. The
definitions may not be enough by themselves.

This is the case for myanmar liat type. And possibly some others.

Andrew

--
Andrew Cunningham
Project Manager, Research and Development

Ph: +61-3-8664-7430
Mobile: 0459 806 589
Email: acunningham@slv.vic.gov.au
          lang.support@gmail.com