Re: [css-counter-styles] status of "additional" predefined counter styles

From: Xidorn Quan <quanxunzhen@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2014 09:48:17 +1100
To: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Cc: Richard Ishida <ishida@w3.org>, Jonathan Kew <jfkthame@gmail.com>, www-style list <www-style@w3.org>, www International <www-international@w3.org>
On Fri, Sep 26, 2014 at 5:17 AM, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
wrote:

> > Counter-styles supported by Chrome, Safari & Opera (with small
> > inconsistencies from spec) and not supported by Firefox. If Firefox was
> > add these quickly, they may qualify for inclusion in the spec, however
> the
> > small divergences in the current implementations compared to the spec may
> > need some attention. For a list of divergences, see the notes at
> >
> http://www.w3.org/International/tests/repository/predefined-counter-styles/results-predefined-counter-styles#ethiopic
> >
> > afar
> > oromo
> > sidama
> > tigre
>
> Like tamil, these are maybes.  We can possibly just drop them, or else
> FF can implement them and I can pull them into the spec.

The problem for these four styles is that the implementations don't match
the Predefined Counter Styles document. I have no idea about which side is
more correct. For me, it seems that the implementation side is more
complete. Once the document and the existing implementations match, I would
add them.

- Xidorn