Re: [css syntax] encoding tests

On 31/01/2014 14:27, James Ross wrote:>  > Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2014
14:09:08 +0000
 >  > From: ishida@w3.org
 >  > To: www-style@w3.org; www-international@w3.org
 >  > Subject: [css syntax] encoding tests
 >  >
 >  > I have created a set of tests for section 3.2 The input byte stream
 >  > (http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-syntax/#input-byte-stream) in the CSS
Syntax

http://www.w3.org/International/tests/repository/css3-syntax/results/results-encoding.en
 > Some of the wording seems hard to interpret against the test results, to
 > me. For example:
 > "When a stylesheet has an |@charset| declaration with an unknown value,
 > the stylesheet should be ignored. Only IE actually ignored the
stylesheet."
 > That reads as if only Internet Explorer did the right thing, while the
 > test and the results table show the opposite is true.

Thanks for pointing that out, James.  Should be fixed now. (Was wording
that leaked through from an old set of test results based on CSS 2.1).

> Also, for what it's worth, Internet Explorer 11 now passes
> i18n-css-syntax-bytes-007.

Good.  Although someone reported to me that IE 11 still doesn't
prioritise the BOM over the HTTP or @charset.

RI