Re: [css-text] I18N-ISSUE-337: line terminator handling

From: Koji Ishii <kojiishi@gluesoft.co.jp>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2014 08:45:53 +0000
To: "Phillips, Addison" <addison@lab126.com>
CC: "CSS WWW Style (www-style@w3.org)" <www-style@w3.org>, www International <www-international@w3.org>
>    The discussion of line termination is very hard to follow.
>    It isn't clear from reading it whether CSS prefers CRLF, LF, or
>    other forms in output or whether it intends to provide a
>    suggestion. The document itself appears to prefer CRLF in
>    some places and LF only in others (e.g., 4.1.2). If nothing
>    else, I hope we can agree that switching conventions in a
>    single document or rendering is probably a bad idea.
>
>    This issue may be handled by CSS Syntax, which could be referenced here.

I believe the definition of a segment break in White Space Processing Details[1] makes this point very clear; CSS does not make any preferences nor suggestions on CR, LF, or CRLF.

4.1.2 mentions LF only because itís talking about transforming segment breaks defined above to LF, which looks fine to me.

[1] http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css-text/#segment-break

/koji