Updated article: Choosing & applying a character encoding

From: Richard Ishida <ishida@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2014 18:00:33 +0100
To: www International <www-international@w3.org>
http://www.w3.org/International/questions/qa-choosing-encodings

This update brings the article in line with recent developments in
HTML5, and reorganizes the material so that readers can find information
more quickly. This led to the article being almost completely rewritten.

The article addresses the question: Which character encoding should I
use for my content, and how do I apply it to my content?