Re: Guessing the fallback encoding from the top-level domain name before trying to guess from the browser localization

On Mon, Dec 23, 2013 at 9:17 AM, "Martin J. Dürst"
<duerst@it.aoyama.ac.jp> wrote:
> Overall, I agree with the question by others of what's the expected "ROI" on
> this is. With UTF-8 being more and more popular for Web sites, the return
> for changing fallback encodings is definitely deminishing.

The ROI would be having a universal browser rather than a
locale-specific browser. Or in other words, make the web less
locale-dependent.

--
http://annevankesteren.nl/