I18N-ISSUE-279: text-combine-horizontal & full/half-width characters [.prep-CSS3-writing-modes]

From: Internationalization Working Group Issue Tracker <sysbot+tracker@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2013 18:00:10 +0000
To: www-international@w3.org
I18N-ISSUE-279: text-combine-horizontal & full/half-width characters [.prep-CSS3-writing-modes]

Raised by: Richard Ishida
On product: .prep-CSS3-writing-modes

text-combine-horizontal
http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css-writing-modes/#text-combine-horizontal

The digits <integer>? description says:
"Within the element, each maximal sequence of consecutive ASCII digits (U+0030–U+0039) ..."

But later we read:
"any full-width characters must first be converted to their non-full-width equivalents by reversing the algorithm defined for ‘text-transform: full-width’ in [CSS3TEXT]"

Which seems to imply that full-width characters are also affected by the digits value. If so, the range of codepoints should be extended.

And if so, what about the range of half-width digits? Are they also included?  If so, they should probably also be converted to ASCII characters like full-width ones.

Or is this just another confusion caused by loose use of the term 'character', meaning here glyph?