Re: Proposal for new direction attribute

HI Leif.

On 21 February 2013 12:53, Leif Halvard Silli <
xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no> wrote:

> The main benefit here is to introduce the new isolation behavior. Thus
> by first doing <html dir="auto">, you can, if you want, continue to tag
> languages like you do today. So you could e.g. do this:

> This would work both in legacy browsers and in updated browsers.

so for unsupported AND supported languages we'd have the markup up:

which would make the idea of automatically applying direction based on
language redundant, wouldn't it?

Since for backwards compatibility and for unsupported languages the markup
would be the same the same. And for environments where you need to use both
supported and unsupported languages, the markup would still have to be the
same?

--
Andrew Cunningham
Senior Project Manager, Research and Development

Ph: +61-3-8664-7430
Mobile:
Email: a <andrewc@vicnet.net.au>cunningham@slv.vic.gov.au

http://www.openroad.net.au/