I18N-ISSUE-249: positioning of ruby and emphasis marks together [.prep-css3-text-decoration]

From: Internationalization Working Group Issue Tracker <sysbot+tracker@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2013 21:07:04 +0000
To: www-international@w3.org
I18N-ISSUE-249: positioning of ruby and emphasis marks together [.prep-css3-text-decoration]

Raised by: Addison Phillips
On product: .prep-css3-text-decoration

3.4 (positioning)

There is text that says:

--
Emphasis marks are drawn exactly as if each character was assigned the mark as its ruby annotation text with the ruby position given by ‘text-emphasis-position’ and the ruby alignment as centered.

The effect of emphasis marks on the line height is the same as for ruby text.
--

Elsewhere there is a description of how ruby and emphasis marks interact, but this description may be considered "at odds" with that text. There should be clarity about the positioning when ruby is also present.