Re: Fwd: Case Sensitivity Issue and CSSOM

Le 23/01/2013 23:37, fantasai a écrit :
> Given this, I'm leaning towards Richard Ishida's (?) suggestion that we
> leave user-defined idents as case-sensitive and just grandfather in any
> CSS-defined keywords as computing to their lowercase variants.
>
> This would mean that
>     @counter-style DISC { ... }
>     e { list-style-type: DISC; }
> turns into
>     @counter-style disc { ... }
>     e { list-style-type: disc; }
> in the CSSOM even though
>     @counter-style FOO { .. }
>     e { list-style-type: FOO; }
> retains its casing.

What about this?

    @counter-style DISC { ... }
    e { list-style-type: disc; }

I’m not sure what’s the exact behavior you mean. Is it as follows?
"Iff a <counter-style-name> value is an ASCII case-insensitive match for
one of the 14 CSS 2.1 values, normalize to ASCII lower case. Otherwise
use the ident value as parsed."

Do we have types other than <counter-style-name> that mix user-defined
and CSS-defined idents? Would they each have a fixed list of CI values?
Could such a list expand in a future level?

I’m trying to figure out the details here, but overall I like this idea.

--
Simon Sapin