W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-international@w3.org > January to March 2013

[minutes] Internationalization telecon 2013-01-23

From: Richard Ishida <ishida@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2013 17:40:13 +0000
Message-ID: <5100207D.9000107@w3.org>
To: www International <www-international@w3.org>
http://www.w3.org/2013/01/23-i18n-minutes.html



Text version below:


Internationalization Working Group Teleconference

23 Jan 2013

    [2]Agenda

       [2] 
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2013Jan/0069.html

    See also: [3]IRC log

       [3] http://www.w3.org/2013/01/23-i18n-irc

Attendees

    Present
           Addison, Richard, Davie, Norbert, Mati, Emile

    Regrets
           Felix

    Chair
           Addison Phillips

    Scribe
           Addison Phillips

Contents

      * [4]Topics
          1. [5]Agenda and Minutes
          2. [6]Action Items
          3. [7]Info Share
          4. [8]What Time Is This Meeting At? (5 minutes allocated)
          5. [9]Publication of UTR#20 (10 minutes allocated)
          6. [10]Skipping the .prep stage in reviews (15 minutes
             allocated)
          7. [11]HTML5 issues (remainder)
          8. [12]AOB?
      * [13]Summary of Action Items
      __________________________________________________________

Agenda and Minutes

Action Items

    <r12a> [14]http://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/open

      [14] http://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/open

    <r12a> action-169?

    <trackbot> ACTION-169 -- Addison Phillips to remind everyone to
    comment on css3-text-decoration by next week -- due 2013-01-16
    -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [15]http://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/169

      [15] http://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/169

    close ACTION-169

    <trackbot> Closed ACTION-169 Remind everyone to comment on
    css3-text-decoration by next week.

    <r12a> action-170?

    <trackbot> ACTION-170 -- Addison Phillips to coordinate with
    richard regarding KLReq -- due 2013-01-16 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [16]http://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/170

      [16] http://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/170

Info Share

    richard: changed tracker pages
    ... to show the content of emails that have been tracked
    ... without having to click through

    <r12a> [17]http://www.w3.org/International/track/issues/212

      [17] http://www.w3.org/International/track/issues/212

    <r12a> click on the buttons

    richard: hoping to hide text from previous emails that have
    been top quoted
    ... send any suggestions on styling or other improvements

    norbert: where do I file a ticket when broken?

    richard: send to me
    ... john kleinsin will join our WG as IE

What Time Is This Meeting At? (5 minutes allocated)

    The proposal is to move this meeting to Thursdays at 1600 UTC.
    Objections to be considered.

    <scribe> ACTION: addison: separately poll for final objections
    to making this meeting on thursdays at 1600 utc and, if none,
    move the meeting [recorded in
    [18]http://www.w3.org/2013/01/23-i18n-minutes.html#action01]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-172 - Separately poll for final
    objections to making this meeting on thursdays at 1600 utc and,
    if none, move the meeting [on Addison Phillips - due
    2013-01-30].

Publication of UTR#20 (10 minutes allocated)

    richard: expect to get announcement that UTR#20 has been
    publised from the webmaster
    ... it has been editorially updated
    ... sent comments on any future version
    ... Martin seemed to indicate he might do some edits

    norbert: did it include that document "stuck in 2007"?

    richard: yes, added something

    addison: need to solicit editor (might do it myself?)

Skipping the .prep stage in reviews (15 minutes allocated)

    There are several proposals for improving our review process.

    <r12a>
    [19]https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2013J
    an/0050.html

      [19] 
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2013Jan/0050.html

    Richard:
    [20]https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2013J
    an/0038.html

      [20] 
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2013Jan/0038.html

    Addison:
    [21]https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2013J
    an/0040.html

      [21] 
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2013Jan/0040.html

    richard: indicate status of each item

    <scribe> ACTION: richard: update review instruction
    documentation [recorded in
    [22]http://www.w3.org/2013/01/23-i18n-minutes.html#action02]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-173 - Update review instruction
    documentation [on Richard Ishida - due 2013-01-30].

    richard: keeping .prep or no?
    ... prep goes to public list, not winter

    addison: didn't we want to talk on winter?

    richard: make link to the instructions much bigger :-)

    agenda item next time: assign shepherds to all .prep containers

HTML5 issues (remainder)

    [23]https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=17854

      [23] https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=17854

    [24]https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=19207

      [24] https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=19207

    [25]http://www.inter-locale.com/test/DateDemo.html

      [25] http://www.inter-locale.com/test/DateDemo.html

    <etran> Hi all - etran will be disconnecting now. Have a good
    day.

    2012-11-12 ---> Sun Nov 11 2012

    12 Nov 2012 00:00:00 GMT

    <scribe> ACTION: addison: write article about floating times in
    HTML [recorded in
    [26]http://www.w3.org/2013/01/23-i18n-minutes.html#action03]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-174 - Write article about floating
    times in HTML [on Addison Phillips - due 2013-01-30].

    [27]https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=19207

      [27] https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=19207

    (Martin's bug regarding validators)

    [28]https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=16955

      [28] https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=16955

    <r12a> ACTION: r12a to contact Robin Berjon about what he's
    doing wrt ruby extension work [recorded in
    [29]http://www.w3.org/2013/01/23-i18n-minutes.html#action04]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-175 - Contact Robin Berjon about what
    he's doing wrt ruby extension work [on Richard Ishida - due
    2013-01-30].

    [30]https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=20096

      [30] https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=20096

    addison: think the validator sould be permitted to "squeak" if
    a bad byte sequence occurs in the document

    "good to emit warning of badly encoded data, don't think
    validator should crash"

    addison to add sense of WG comment

AOB?

    Norbert: had ITS on agenda
    ... clarify position on ruby?
    ... ruby section should go because not implemented (plus other
    reasons)

    addison: discuss in email

    richard: okay

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: addison: separately poll for final objections to
    making this meeting on thursdays at 1600 utc and, if none, move
    the meeting [recorded in
    [31]http://www.w3.org/2013/01/23-i18n-minutes.html#action01]
    [NEW] ACTION: addison: write article about floating times in
    HTML [recorded in
    [32]http://www.w3.org/2013/01/23-i18n-minutes.html#action03]
    [NEW] ACTION: r12a to contact Robin Berjon about what he's
    doing wrt ruby extension work [recorded in
    [33]http://www.w3.org/2013/01/23-i18n-minutes.html#action04]
    [NEW] ACTION: richard: update review instruction documentation
    [recorded in
    [34]http://www.w3.org/2013/01/23-i18n-minutes.html#action02]

    [End of minutes]




-- 
Richard Ishida
Internationalization Activity Lead
W3C (World Wide Web Consortium)

http://www.w3.org/International/
http://rishida.net/
Received on Wednesday, 23 January 2013 17:40:39 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Wednesday, 23 January 2013 17:40:39 GMT