[ISSUE-105]: I18N-ISSUE-245: Consider replacing Unicode block escapes with script escapes [ITS-20] [MLW-LT Standard Draft]

From: Yves Savourel <ysavourel@enlaso.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2013 09:16:16 +0100
To: <public-multilingualweb-lt@w3.org>
CC: "'www-international'" <www-international@w3.org>
Hi Norbert,

> http://www.w3.org/TR/2012/WD-its20-20121206/#allowedchars
>
> XML Schema Part 2, which is referenced by this section to defined
> allowed characters, provides block escapes, but not escapes for scripts,
> which have in the meantime been found more useful than blocks
> (see section 1.2.2 and annex A of UTS 18, Unicode Regular Expressions).
> It might be a good idea to replace block escapes with script escapes.

We are contemplating to use only a sub-set of the XSD RE syntax that is common to several RE engine.
See issue-67 https://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/issues/67

This syntax would not include block escapes or script escapes as its goal would be to limit the syntax to a common sub-set of a few constructs.

cheers,
-yves