I18N-ISSUE-241: Directionality section doesn't mention isolates [ITS-20]

From: Internationalization Working Group Issue Tracker <sysbot+tracker@w3.org>
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2013 02:02:29 +0000
To: public-multilingualweb-lt-comments@w3.org,www-international@w3.org
I18N-ISSUE-241: Directionality section doesn't mention isolates [ITS-20]

Raised by: Norbert Lindenberg
On product: ITS-20

http://www.w3.org/TR/2012/WD-its20-20121206/#directionality

The Directionality section is not up to date with current developments. Unicode, HTML5, and CSS have been updated or are being updated to allow for isolates, which are better than embedding in many situations, specially when inserting user data into web pages where the user data and the web page may not have the same directionality.

The specs are still in flux, and it's not clear whether they will stabilize in time for ITS 2.0 to normatively include isolate support. At the minimum, there needs to be an informative note about these changes.