I18N-ISSUE-239: Selecting attributes using Selectors [ITS-20]

From: Internationalization Working Group Issue Tracker <sysbot+tracker@w3.org>
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2013 01:31:40 +0000
To: public-multilingualweb-lt-comments@w3.org,www-international@w3.org
I18N-ISSUE-239: Selecting attributes using Selectors [ITS-20]

Raised by: Norbert Lindenberg
On product: ITS-20

http://www.w3.org/TR/2012/WD-its20-20121206/#d0e2257

It's sometimes necessary to select attributes, for example to declare them translatable or untranslatable (it's bad practice to have translatable attributes, but HTML has a few of them anyway).

Selectors don't provide a way to do that - the attribute selectors described in the Selectors spec enable selection of elements by the values of their attributes, but not selection of the attributes themselves. When using Selectors in ITS, how would one select attributes?