Comment on ITS 2.0 specification WD, i18n-ISSUE-215: Parts of Ruby section should be removed

From: Richard Ishida <ishida@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2013 19:46:08 +0000
To: public-multilingualweb-lt-comments@w3.org, www International <www-international@w3.org>
8.6 Ruby
http://www.w3.org/TR/2012/WD-its20-20121206/#ruby-annotation

Since the ruby section in ITS 1.0 no longer represents the latest
thinking as enshrined in HTML5 about how ruby markup should work, and as
this section in the ITS 2.0 spec has been changed to reflect a version
of the HTML5 approach, but one that is now out of date, I recommend that
we consider removing the LOCAL part of this section for now, and
replacing with a note to say that the proposed local markup is still
being finalised, and should reappear in a future version of ITS.

[Personal comment based on discussion with i18n WG]

--
Richard Ishida
Internationalization Activity Lead

http://www.w3.org/International/