Re: I18N-ISSUE-207: Term data category and dfn element [.prep-ITS-20]

Am 14.01.13 21:35, schrieb Yves Savourel:
>>> We probably need to consider how the its-term attribute relates
>>> to the dfn element, which I believe serves the same function,
>>> and describe that in this section.
>> mm .. not sure if we need that in the ITS2 spec, but rather in
>> a best practice document: there are many existing (XML)
>> vocabularies that have existing similar or identical purposes
>> which you may want to fulfil with ITS markup or native markup,
>> see e.g. the DITA "translate" or terminology markup.
> There is a difference between the DITA and HTML5: the latter is described in the specification. For example we do state that 'lang' should be used as local markup for Language Information, or that 'id' should be used for Id Value.
>
> We kind of say something about "<meta keywords>" and "<meta dcterms.subject>" for Domain, but without making it as strong as 'lang' or 'id'.
>
> We do have an example that show translate in HTML (http://www.w3.org/TR/2012/WD-its20-20121206/examples/html5/EX-translate-html5-local-1.html) but we do not state anywhere (as far as I can see) that HTML's translate must be treated as its:translate (despite the example implying it and even having a test case for it (translate2html.html)).
>
> It does seems that we have a number of ITS/HTML5 mapping that are treated differently and sometime enforced, sometime recommended, sometime not mentioned.

Understand ... but again: isn't that a guidance how to work with ITS in
HTML5? Of course this guidance will be helpful, and I'm all for writing
it up. And the topic could help to wake up our "sleeping beauty": a best
practice document about how to work with ITS2

Best,

Felix