I18N-ISSUE-208: Mapping domains to nothing [.prep-ITS-20]

From: Internationalization Working Group Issue Tracker <sysbot+tracker@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2013 20:34:56 +0000
To: www-international@w3.org
I18N-ISSUE-208: Mapping domains to nothing [.prep-ITS-20]

Raised by: Richard Ishida
On product: .prep-ITS-20

8.9 Domain
http://www.w3.org/TR/2012/WD-its20-20121206/#domain

Is it possible to map domains to nothing?  For example, in

domainMapping="automotive '', medical medicine, 'criminal law' law, 'property law' law"

automotive is just ignored.  I don't really know whether this makes sense, but it seems that if you are dealing with keywords, such as in the HTML5 spec

it seems that you might want to exclude a bunch of keywords in order to home in on the key domain information.  That might be easier to do in that way, rather than in mapping them all to a different word.