Re: Language negotiation a failure?

On 1/7/2013 9:23 AM, John Cowan wrote:
> In Henri's case, given the choice of Finnish or English (which we will
> say he reads equally well), he probably prefers Finnish on web servers
> *in Finland*, but English on web servers elsewhere.  Current browser
> dialog boxes do not accommodate such complicated preference notions.

It's not that uncommon a situation. In my case, I have two languages
that I would prefer over English, whenever they are the *main* language
of the content provider (their location would be a proxy for that, but
not necessarily  a perfect one). For all other cases, English. And I
would like search providers to give me "native" results in those two
languages, whenever the search term is in those languages. I know, pipe
dream.