Re: Testing UTF-8 email addresses

--On Monday, May 27, 2013 14:00 -0700 Paul Deuter
<pdeuter@zendesk.com> wrote:

> My company wants to begin supporting UTF-8 email addresses.
> However we are finding it difficult to do real world
> end-to-end testing because we cannot find an email provider
> that allows a user to create an email address with non-ASCII
> characters.
>
> Does anyone know of an email provider that I can sign-up with
> and create an email address with UTF-8 characters?

Paul,

(now-closed) WG that specified the standards for those
addresses.  You will have to sign up for the list before
posting, see <https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ima>.   If
that is a problem, let me know and I'll forward your note and
ask people to contact you directly.

I will also forward, under separate cover, an announcement that
showed up earlier today about the release of commercial products
that support those standards.  As far as I know, everything
before it has been primarily a testbed, but there are several of
those.

good luck,
   john