Re: Follow up on regular expressions in ITS 2.0

From: Norbert Lindenberg <w3@norbertlindenberg.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2012 15:02:56 -0800
Cc: Norbert Lindenberg <w3@norbertlindenberg.com>, public-multilingualweb-lt@w3.org, www-international <www-international@w3.org>
To: Felix Sasaki <fsasaki@w3.org>
Hi Felix,

Do you anticipate that uses of the Allowed Characters definition in ITS will need all the capabilities defined in the XML Schema specification, or is there a smaller subset that might be sufficient? From the ECMAScript perspective, the following capabilities in particular are neither supported now nor planned for ES6:
- character class subtraction
- character classes defined by Unicode categories
- character classes defined by Unicode blocks
- character classes defined by multi-character escapes \i, \I, \c, \C, \d, \D, \w, \W

Thanks,
Norbert