Re: Summary of I18N discussion in HTML WG today

From: Mark Davis ☕ <mark@macchiato.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2012 12:22:41 -0700
To: Robin Berjon <robin@w3.org>
Cc: "HTML WG (public-html@w3.org)" <public-html@w3.org>, www-international@w3.org
> with a caveat from Cameron that BCP47 does not have way of indicating the
Islamic calendar. He'll figure that out with Richard.

That is incorrect. There are 15 different calendars that can be indicated
with BCP47 (currently), and two of them are islamic. Example:

xxx-u-ca-*islamic*
xxx-u-ca-*islamicc*
*
*
where xxx can be any base, such as "ar" or "fa", or even "en-GB".

            <type name=*"islamic"* description=*"Astronomical Arabic
calendar"*/>

            <type name=*"islamicc"* alias=*"islamic-civil"* description=*"Civil
(algorithmic) Arabic calendar"*/>
See http://cldr.unicode.org/index/bcp47-extension

Mark <https://plus.google.com/114199149796022210033>
*