I18N-ISSUE-193: define when escapes are evaluated [TURTLE]

From: Internationalization Core Working Group Issue Tracker <sysbot+tracker@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2012 16:25:44 +0000
To: www-international@w3.org, public-rdf-comments@w3.org
I18N-ISSUE-193: define when escapes are evaluated [TURTLE]

Raised by: Norbert Lindenberg
On product: TURTLE

http://www.w3.org/2012/08/15-i18n-minutes.html

Section 6.4, both forms of Unicode escape sequence: The spec doesn't say at what stage the escape sequences are converted to their corresponding characters. Can \u0022 start or end a string literal (as it does in, for example, Java)? Appendix B implies that escapes are replaced with their character equivalents before document processing, but it doesn't appear to say that explicitly anywhere.