RE: Web Notifications I18N Review: [I18N-ISSUE-161, I18N-ISSUE-162]

From: Phillips, Addison <addison@lab126.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2012 09:20:18 -0700
To: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
CC: Norbert Lindenberg <w3@norbertlindenberg.com>, Doug Turner <dougt@mozilla.com>, "www-international@w3.org" <www-international@w3.org>, "public-web-notification@w3.org" <public-web-notification@w3.org>, "Olli.Pettay" <opettay@mozilla.com>
> wrote:
> > We want to encourage people to do the right things, or at least make it
> possible.
> > Direction and/or language metadata are often missing or unavailable,
> > in which case the Notification won't be able to include them. But our
> > goal is to ensure that it is *possible* to include the necessary information and
> get the correct results.
>
> Even if we add it to the API and user agents support the API, as long as the
> native notification platforms do not support language tagging, you can not get
> "correct" results. And what native notifications platforms do is mostly out of our
> control.

You're ignoring the screen reader case :-)

And the fact that some people's notification systems [:-)] can use @lang to better their display.

Addison