Re: Selecting Glyph Variants

From: John Daggett <jdaggett@mozilla.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2012 15:58:40 -0800 (PST)
To: Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org>
Cc: WWW International <www-international@w3.org>, Andrew Cunningham <acunningham@slv.vic.gov.au>
Chris Lilley wrote:

> AC> And out of interest which browsers support this?
>
> Currently there is support in Firefox (with a -moz- vendor  extension, as the
> work has not yet advanced to CR). I hear of interest from the Microsoft IE and
> Typography, and from Chrome, but have not seen runing code from them yet.

Vendor-specific versions of the 'font-feature-settings' property, which exposes
OpenType glyph substitution features, have been available on Firefox for many
versions now. Webkit (Chrome/Safari) has them implemented on Windows/Linux and
is working on them for OSX.  Microsoft has implemented them in their IE10
preview build, expected to be released this spring.

Cheers,

John Daggett
Mozilla Japan