Re: How to language tag language tags?

From: Gunnar Bittersmann <gunnar@bittersmann.de>
Date: Fri, 06 Jan 2012 12:03:42 +0100
To: www-international@w3.org
Leif Halvard Silli scripsit:
>>> then I would tag the entire registry with lang="en" (<html lang="en">),
>>
>> That’s fine because the keywords (“Type”, “Subtag”, “Description
>> ”, “Added”) and some values (“language”, language description)
>> are in English. Non-English descriptions should be tagged as such.
>
> So I thought to. But to to the degree that it is aimed at machine
> consumption, it could make sense to choose 'zxx' instead, perhaps.

Is it? I frequently look up at
http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry (with deep
apologies to Richard for not using his tool
http://rishida.net/utils/subtags/index.php ;-))

So might a user whose screenreader might use the information that
keywords and values are in English.

> This is always an issue ... And what about white-space ... if there
> hadn't been 'in-between-element' white-space ...

Complete stylesheet my intention not was. ;-)

Gunnar