How to language tag language tags?

From: Leif Halvard Silli <xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no>
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2012 12:07:14 +0100
To: 'WWW International' <www-international@w3.org>
If I wanted to create a HTML version of the language subtag registry,
then I would tag the entire registry with lang="en" (<html lang="en">),
while each entr in the registry perhaps could look like this:

<hr/>
   Added: 2005-10-16</p>

Question: Do you agree with the choice of language tag for the <dfn>
element around the very language tag?

The chose 'zxx' ('No linguistic content') is based on
<http://people.w3.org/rishida/utils/subtags/index.php?find=linguist&submit=Find>,
which lists "machine-readable data files consisting of machine
languages or character codes, programming source code, etc" as example
of things which could use this tag.

Leif H Silli