preferred language for displaying pages

From: Andre Schappo <A.Schappo@lboro.ac.uk>
Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2011 16:59:32 +0000
To: WWW International <www-international@w3.org>

Browser preferred Language for displaying pages (BL)

I consider this to be an invaluable feature of browsers but as yet, in my experience, few are aware of this feature nor the enormous potential of it.

The trouble is that this feature is buried away in the preferences of the browsers. I suggest that all browser manufacturers should make this feature manifest in their browser window. This will raise user awareness and as a consequence encourage website developers to incorporate BL adaptive features in their websites.

A more detailed explanation is available on my blog at http://schappo.blogspot.com/2011/12/browser-language.html

André Schappo
福福福福福福福福福
http://weibo.com/andreschappo